Career Clubs 2020
“Career clubs are an excellent opportunity for employers and businesses to connect with some of the most involved, passionate and exceptional students on campus. Whether a company is looking to grow its employer brand, establish an on-campus presence, or recruit exceptional talent, working with career clubs opens doors for companies to connect with, inspire and recruit top talent”
Carly Gerlach - President of FMCG, Luxury & Retail Club 2019
This year the Business School has fifteen student-led Career Clubs. The clubs bring together MBA and MSc students with shared aspirations and are divided into major industries, interest groups, or geographic locations. They are always keen to work with employers and alumni in their related sector or region.
All our clubs are led by students and organise or signpost events throughout the year which give opportunities to:
- Meet other Business School students with similar interests
- Learn from and network with alumni and other professionals
- Build links with relevant employers in the sector
- Learn more about roles available and the skills needed in the industry and many more.
Student members aim to gain valuable insight from employers to aid their professional development, whilst employers can use career club events to supplement their recruitment activity - raising brand awareness, showcasing company culture, providing thought leadership or direction on industry hot topics.
“Despite the challenges of 2020, our Career Clubs are still going strong albeit in different forms. They have adapted by offering a series of innovative and engaging virtual events that provide a fantastic opportunity for employers to connect and network with students, build brand awareness and identify top talent in the market.”
Gemma Robertson - Director of Employer Relations, Business School Careers
“The opportunity to engage with prospective employers is invaluable for both students and employers. Career Clubs are a critical source of information and provide a platform for employers to engage with some of the most active students on campus. I had the opportunity to engage with a multitude of employers … it is fantastic to see that the collaborative efforts have paid off, with students and employers finding strong, cultural fits"
David Zuo - President of the Consulting Club 2019
The Career Clubs are the student-led extension of Business School Careers – they are:
- Consulting Careers Club
- Energy & Sustainability Careers Club
- FMCG, Luxury Goods and Retail Careers Club
- Finance Careers Club (includes Fintech and PE/VC)
- Healthcare Careers Club (includes Pharma)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship Club (includes Family Business)
- LGBTQ+ Business Club
- Social Impact & Responsible Business Club
- Technology, Media and Telecoms Careers Club (includes Digital Marketing)
- Sports Business Club
- Africa Business Club
- Asia Business Club
- India Business Club
- North America Business Club
- Latin America Business Club
Please reach out to the Employer Relations Team to connect with relevant student career clubs!