Join Imperial’s Centre for Digital Transformation and the Leonardo Centre on Business for Society, in partnership with SwissCognitive and Copper Technologies, for a set of online short talks.
Linked by the overarching theme Transforming Organisations, Transforming Markets, these will provide an opportunity to start the conversation ahead of the in-person events taking place at the same time as the World Economic Forum's Annual Meeting in Davos in early summer.
Attendees to this virtual event will be introduced to the topics, our faculty and our research, and will help shape the agenda for the face-to-face, salon-style discussions later in the year.
14.00 – 14.05 Introduction
From Professor Francisco Veloso, Dean of Imperial College Business School
14.05 – 14.20 Delivering AI ethics
How can artificial intelligence be adopted in a manner that incorporates ethical and trusted principles?
- Dalith Steiger, Co-founder, SwissCognitive
- Dr Gianluigi Viscusi, Senior Research Fellow, Imperial College Business School
- Dr Cristina Koppel, Honorary Clinical Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London
14.20 – 14.35 Decoding digital assets
What considerations and risks emerge from the widespread financial speculation on cryptocurrencies and how should these new assets be valued?
- Fadi Aboualfa, Head of Research, Copper
- David Shrier, Professor of Practice, Imperial College Business School
14.35 – 14.50 Towards a New Logic of Business for Stakeholder Capitalism
How can we develop a global laboratory to create stakeholder capitalism at scale?
- Professor Maurizio Zollo, Scientific Director of the Leonardo Centre, Imperial College Business School
- Livio Scalvini, Executive Director of the Leonardo Centre, Imperial College Business School
14.50 - 15.00 Closing remarks
From David Shrier, Professor of Practice