The Executive Development Programme is a 12-month apprenticeship programme, designed for ambitious leaders. This collaboration between Imperial College Business School and Corndel combines academic excellence with practical coaching, providing a unique blend of business school thinking and essential management skills. Join us for a transformative journey, integrating world-class education with personalised mentoring through Corndel's renowned coaching model.
Who is the Programme for?
Our programme is designed for ambitious managers, typically with 5+ years of professional experience. Candidates will already have leadership responsibilities, often working alongside the Board and C-Suite executives, ready to take the next step in their leadership journey.
Please note that our application process is geared towards organisations rather than individuals. We encourage you to connect with your HR Director or Learning and Development lead to explore the possibilities of using the apprenticeship levy to enrol in one of our programmes as part of a cohort. Through collaboration with key stakeholders, we aim to create a shared learning journey that aligns with your organisation's objectives, fostering growth for both the organisation and individual.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Build emotionally intelligent senior teams with strong empathetic leadership skills.
- Develop senior leaders and managers to have the ability to think and act strategically.
- Grow change management and transformation capabilities for ongoing organisation shifts.
- Embed entrepreneurial and innovation skills to deliver key revenue generation goals.
- Create high performing teams through developing leaders who value diversity of thinking and team dynamics to create structures that are most effective.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Inspirational Leadership
- Strategy and Change Management
- Implementing Business Solutions
- Driving Business Performance
- Leadership and the External Environment
- Flexible, blended delivery model
- Personalised one-to-one coaching and mentoring
- Group learning sessions
- Imperial-led virtual masterclasses delivered monthly
- Level 7 Senior Leader Apprenticeship
- CMI Level 7 Award in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice
- CMI Chartered Fellow Status (CMgr FCMI)
- Imperial College Executive Education Associate Alumni Status
As part of our partnership with Corndel, learners benefit from exclusive access to virtual masterclasses led by Imperial faculty. Leveraging Imperial College's global reputation and top-tier faculty, we offer a unique educational experience for learners enrolled on our apprenticeship programmes. These individually designed sessions elevate the apprenticeship journey by going beyond the core curriculum, providing direct insights from leaders in their respective fields.
While specific sessions may vary, some examples of previously delivered masterclasses include:
- Responsible Leadership by Celia Moore
- Managing and Communicating Your Personal Brand by Omar Merlo
- Business Analytics: from Data to Decisions by Wolfram Wiesemann
- Leading in a Technology Driven World by Sankalp Chaturvedi
- Idea to Innovation: A Design Thinking Approach by Ileana Stigliani
Become an Associate Alumni
Take your partnership with Imperial College Business School to the next level by becoming an Associate Alumni. Complete one of our online, virtual, on-campus, or apprenticeship programmes to earn 'Associate Alumni' status and join our dynamic alumni community.