The Joint Research Office (JRO) provides integrated support for researchers from the Faculty of Medicine and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
The Joint Research Office was set up in 2009 by combining the Research Services team in the Faculty of Medicine with the R&D support team in Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHT) under one umbrella to offer a comprehensive research support service for both College and Trust staff.
In 2011 the specialist grants and contracts functions were formed into customer-facing teams.
The JRO consists of satellite offices across the campuses delivering a range of support services to all researchers across the Trust and College to facilitate:
- accessing funding for research and clinical trials
- costing and pricing proposals accurately
- negotiation of contractual terms and conditions
- effective management of research funding
- maximising the value of research projects
- correctly accounting for funding
The JRO has a responsibility to stakeholders to facilitate world-class research within the Trust and College. The JRO works within AHSC-wide research policies to implement this responsibility.