As part of the feasibility assessment, the study team will look at a number of issues to maximise the trial’s chances of successful completion:
- Are there sufficient staff to conduct the study, and are their qualifications and experience suitable?
- Is a suitable patient population available, considering the anticipated rate of recruitment?
- Are there any conflicting studies, which might compete for the patient population and potentially introduce recruitment bias?
- Is there adequate time to conduct and oversee the trial?
- Have ‘reserve’ investigator sites been considered and/or prepared (in case recruitment issues arise)?
|Type||Where to find|
|Key contacts||Pharmacy; Imaging; Pathology; ICTU; Research facilities|
|Useful links||NIHR Clinical Trials Toolkit - feasibility|
|NIHR benchmark||Prior to NIHR 70-day benchmark|
|Process map links||This activity occurs in the feasibility stage:
> Imperial College London as sponsor
> Imperial College Hospital NHS Trust as sponsor
> Commercial organisation as sponsor
> Non-commercial organisation as sponsor