The maps provide an overview of the process governing healthcare research studies, and link to other parts of this site. (Please note that these maps are subject to amendments, following changes introduced by the HRA.)
- Each map begins with an overview page, summarising key inputs from all stakeholders.
- The study process unfolds across four stages: Feasibility > Work-up > Governance >Recruitment.
- The process flows from left to right, in 'swim lanes' indicating stakeholder responsibilities.
- The principal stakeholders are the CI/PI/study team, ICHT Clinical Divisions, JRO, JRCO, support services (eg pharmacy, imaging, pathology, research facilities), external organisations (eg REC).
- Click on a station to access further information on the task on a dedicated web page.
The map most relevant to your study is determined by the sponsor:
- Sponsored by Imperial College London
- Sponsored by Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Sponsored by a commercial organisation, eg a pharmaceutical company
- Sponsored by a non-commercial organisation, eg another university