For the first time this year, Imperial College Business School, under the auspices of the Gandhi Centre for Inclusive Innovation (GCII), have hosted a fascinating 12 week summer programme in collaboration with the Data Science for Social Good Foundation, training aspiring data scientists to work on data mining, machine learning, big data, and data science projects with social impact.
This celebration of the culmination of the fellowship features engaging presentations from our five teams of fellows working with non-profit and government partners on projects in healthcare, law, open data for traffic and air pollution management, public services, and more. Through lightning talks and interactive demonstrations, see how we created innovative, data-driven approaches for:
- Annotation and interpretation of echocardiograms in Spain
- Quantifying traffic dynamics across greater London
- Increasing access to justice and the law for under- served communities in Uganda
- Recommending personalized intervention to unemployed in Portugal
- Identifying high utiliser 911 patients in the city of Memphis in the USA
Agenda (subject to minor amendments)
- 14:00 - 14:15 Welcome, special address by Nick Jennings (Vice-Provost, Imperial College London)
- 14:15 - 14:30 Invited speaker
- 14:30 - 15:00 DSSG Project presentations
- 15:00 - 16:30 DSSG Poster session with a networking reception
Excitingly, the DSSG Fellowship has also been taking place simultaneously at Warwick University and the Turing Institute. Their final DataFest celebration will be held at The Shard on 28 August 2019; please enquire for further details.