Applying to stay in halls of residence after your first year

If you are an undergraduate student who has medical or wellbeing requirements and would benefit from living in halls after the first year of study, you will have the opportunity to apply to stay in our accommodation for the next academic year.   
There are a small number of rooms available each year and you will need to apply for a place. Decisions are made by a College panel and are based on the priority of need. You'll be informed of the panel's decision regarding your application once they have met.
Applications for the 2024/25 academic year for applying open on Monday 8 January 2024 and close midnight on Monday 19 February 2024.

Application information

In the first instance, your application will need to be supported by either one of the Health Centre Doctors, DAS Disability Advisor or Faculty Senior Tutors.

It is important that you discuss prior to making your application why you need to live in College accommodation with either a Doctor, Disability Advisor or Faculty Senior Tutors as you will need their support in order to be considered for a room in halls.

Please note: DAS Advisors are only able to support applications from students with mobility or sensory impairments or those who are on the autistic spectrum and are currently supported by the service. All other students will need to obtain support from one of the Health Centre Doctors or Faculty Senior Tutors.

You must supply relevant and up to date evidence to support your application - which you can upload during the application, or send via email to