We want you to have a happy, healthy and positive home here at the College. We're dedicated to providing you with the highest quality service at all times. If you have a suggestion on how we can improve, then please tell us. If you’re happy about any part of our service, we’d like to hear about that too!

Despite our best endeavours, things may occasionally go wrong. If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of our service then please do get in touch. We take complaints very seriously and will deal with them as quickly as possible.

We aim to ensure that: 

  • We listen to your feedback carefully, good or bad
  • We deal with complaints promptly, politely and in an appropriate manner
  • We respond to complaints with an explanation and/or an apology where we have got things wrong and information on any action that we have taken
  • We keep you up to date with our progress
  • We are open and honest throughout

How to make a complaint

It is hoped that most complaints can be resolved informally but directly with the member of staff or team concerned. If your complaint relates to hall matters (such as cleaning or maintenance issues), please contact your Hall Supervisor in the first instance. Complaints regarding welfare or pastoral issues in halls should be directed to the hall warden. Should you have concerns relating to your room allocation, you should contact the Student Accommodation Office.

If you are still unsatisfied If you are unable to resolve your issue informally, residents in halls can contact the Village Manager (contact details can be found within your halls) or the Student Accommodation Office Manager so that they have a chance to put things right. Thereafter, if you are still not satisfied with how your complaint has been handled, you can escalate your complaint to the Head of Residential Services or the Director of Campus Services.

Further advice

You are free to seek further advice and representation from the Imperial College Students’ Union – the Deputy President (Welfare) is usually responsible for matters concerning accommodation.

We are fully committed to the Student Accommodation Code of Practice for the Management of Student Accommodation. If, after having complained to us, you are still not satisfied with the end result, we recommend that you contact the Office of the Independent Adjudicator for Higher Education, which provides an independent scheme for the review of student complaints.