The Leonardo Centre envisions a society where companies pursue profit for societal impact. To achieve this vision, we explore and experiment with the transition to sustainable and inclusive logics of enterprise.
The mission of the Centre translates into a number of research programmes, articulated along the regeneration of the natural, social, and socio-economic environments, and five business evolution streams:
- Purpose and Governance. Introducing new, integrative, models of governance, involving representatives of value chain partners, employees and communities.
- Leadership and Culture. Identifying and scaling the best leadership models and shared values to drive transformational change towards flourishing socio-economic systems.
- Business Model Innovation. Designing innovative platforms to generate insights from combining technological solutions and stakeholders’ contributions.
- Corporate and Functional Strategies. Integrating stakeholders’ capabilities and perspectives to enhance the quality of corporate as well as functional strategies.
- Control and Incentive Systems. Redesigning HR processes, incentives and internal accounting procedures to embed the metrics and the targets related to the grand challenges.
Leonardo develops its research agenda through collaborative experimentation programmes. The programmes leverage an AI based global dataset of sustainability initiatives and an extensive research network, which can be applied across sectorial expertise to address societal challenges.