In 2007, the Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment made the visionary decision to support an Institute at Imperial to provide a vital global centre of excellence for research and education on climate change. Today, the Grantham Institute is established as an authority on climate and environmental science.
The Grantham Institute is Imperial College London's hub for climate change and the environment, and one of Imperial's six Global Institutes established to promote inter-disciplinary working and to meet some of the greatest challenges faced by society. We drive forward discovery, convert innovations into applications, train future leaders and communicate academic knowledge to businesses, industry and policymakers to help shape their decisions.
Vision & mission
A sustainable, resilient, zero-carbon society.
To contribute to, and lead on, world-class research, training and innovation towards effective UK and international action on climate change and the environment.
What we do
- Initiate, develop and support multidisciplinary research on climate change and environment
- Generate thought leadership on key research and societal issues
- Foster new collaborations and networks at Imperial and beyond
- Communicate knowledge to help inform and shape decision-making
- Empower future leaders through postgraduate training programmes
- Accelerate cleantech innovation
"We are proud to be leading the Grantham Institute into its second decade as an influential thought leader and trusted partner in climate change and environmental action. At Imperial College London, we engage with a wide variety of organisations and individuals, working with industry, the public sector, academics, students and the general public, to advance our vision for a sustainable, resilient, zero-carbon society."