Changing Planet Seminar Series
The Grantham Changing Planet Seminars occur monthly during term time, on Wednesdays at 16:00. Typically they are held in the Grantham Institute Boardroom, and are followed by a drinks reception.
Organisation of the seminar series is student led and supported by the Grantham Institute. The aim is to complement the diversity of research here at Imperial College London and promote links to the broader environmental community in UK and beyond. Details of our forthcoming seminar series can be found on our event pages.
Upcoming speakers for Spring and Summer term 2019:
- 20 March - Maria Adebowale-Schwarte - founder of the Living Space Project and commissioner for the London Sustainable Development Commission
- 8 May - Dr Paul Hardisty - CEO of the Australian Institute of Marine Science
- 15 May - Dr Tamsin Edwards - Lecturer in Climate Science at King's College London, blogger and media pundit
- 22 May - Professor Janet Scott - Professor of Sustainable Chemistry at University of Bath
- 5 June - Leo Hickman - Editor at Carbon Brief
To view previous Changing Planet seminar, see our YouTube playlist.
In 2017/18 we were delighted to host the following speakers:
- Professor Sir Brian Hoskins - Chair, The Grantham Institute
- Professor Jim Skea - Co-Chair, Working Group III of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Professor Sir Charles Godfray - Professor of Population Biology and Director, Martin School at Oxford University
- Dr Lauren Gregoire - Research Fellow, Univeristy of Leeds
- Professor Sir Andy Haines - Professor of Environmental Change and Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Jane Burston - Head of Climate Change, National Physical Laboratory
- Dame Georgina Mace - Professor of Biodiversity and Ecosystems, and Head of the Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research - University College London
Previous speakers have included:
- Lord Nicholas Stern, IG Paten Professor of Economics and the Environment, London School of Economics
- Josue Tanaka, Managing Director at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Redevelopment
- Jan Semenza, Head of the Scientific Assessment Section at the European Centre for Disease Prevention in Stockholm
- Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change