Research Council Fellowships
The aim of the Research Council Fellowship scheme is to attract and retain outstanding researchers in environment and sustainability. The Grantham Institute is therefore offering a number of attractive benefits to candidates of independent research council fellowships, and offers to boost their application:
- A fully funded PhD studentship with consumables.
- Comprehensive support in proposal writing and interview. This will be done with departmental experts and a Grantham non-expert panel drawn from across the College.
- A suite of personalised professional development training with an environment focus, many run by external experts, including on how to engage with the media, debating, environmental policy and research translation, green innovation and entrepreneurship.
- A fellowship co-hosted at a department and the Grantham Insitute, which is a unique multidisciplinary hub.
- Optional media exposure - fellows can typically expect monthly appearances.
- Optional placement with strategic international research partners, including CNRS (France), TMU (Germany), NTU (Singapore).
- Optional placement in government departments.
- Candidates who are unsuccessful in the research council scheme will be considered for an independent Grantham Research Fellowship.
Candidates must propose work in the broad areas of environment and sustainability. Their proposal must also fit the specific remits of the respective research council.
Candidates will be nominated and co-hosted by a department. Candidates should contact the relevant department and seek their nomination first. The internal deadlines below are set to allow time to help candidates prepare their applications:
RAEng Research Fellowship
- 15 June 2023
MRC Career development award (Environment and Health)
- 31 August 2023
NERC Independent Research Fellowships (All areas in NERC remit)
- 31 August 2023
EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship (Energy, Mathematics and Synthetic Biology), EPSRC Open Fellowship and EPSRC Open Plus Fellowship
- 28 September 2023