The Business School Awards
The annual awards are a way for you to show your appreciation of your fellow students and alumni by nominating them for a Dean’s Community Award, as well as Business School Faculty, Teaching Assistants and Professional Staff via the Teaching Excellence Awards.
The Teaching Excellence Awards
These awards are voted for by students and recognise the outstanding contributions made by faculty, teaching assistants and professional staff. This year the award categories are:
- MBA Compulsory Module Teaching
- MSc/ MRes Compulsory Module Teaching
- Undergraduate Teaching
- PhD Supervision
- Innovation in Teaching
- Inclusive Teaching
- Online Teaching Award
- Excellent Assessment Feedback
- Teaching Assistant/ Teaching Lead/ Tutor – Student Support
- Professional Staff Student Support
Nominations are now open and will close at the end of July
Dean’s Community Awards
These awards are voted for by students and staff and recognise citizenship amongst Business School students and alumni who excel in extra-curricular activities.
This year the award categories are:
- Improving Society – someone who has made a positive contribution to raising social awareness e.g. raising awareness of social causes with the cohort, volunteering, organising a fundraising or community engagement activity
- The Power of Innovative Thinking – someone who thinks outside of the box, demonstrating creative thinking e.g. innovative contributions or leadership that takes a project, event or solution to the next level
- Inspiring Brilliant Minds – someone who has broadened the minds of other students e.g. organising an event or activity that provoked inspiring discussion or innovation and enhanced your learning and development
- Pioneering Practical Solutions – someone who identifies an opportunity to benefit their cohort or the School and takes action e.g. someone who has developed a new initiative to improve the student experience.
- Sustainable Business Thinking – someone who actively promotes an environmentally friendly culture both in the College and the wider community.
- Inclusive Business - someone who consistently promotes (or has shown by a specific action) practices and behaviours that enhance equality, diversity and inclusion in our community of students, staff, or wider society.
- Dean’s Community Award for Alumni – an alumnus who has gone above and beyond to contribute to the Business School community, through volunteering and enhancing student experience and learning; or to an individual alumnus or group of alumni that has excelled in the area of innovation or entrepreneurship.
Nominations are now open and will close at the end of June