- Wednesday 27 November 2019, 10.00-16.30 - Fully booked
- Friday 24 January 2020, 10.00-16.30
- Wednesday 01 April 2020, 10.00-16.30
Who should attend?
Designed for staff who are (or will soon be) personal tutors, this one-day workshop helps new tutors prepare themselves for this important role and provides them with information about how they can best support their tutees. There are opportunities for participants to discuss issues of particular interest or concern.
Please note that this workshop is provided in the context of Imperial College practice and policy. For this reason we normally only accept Imperial staff or NHS staff who act as personal tutors to Imperial students.
Imperial STAR Framework
This workshop is particularly suitable for those seeking recognition at D1 or D2 level of the Imperial STAR Framework. It addresses the following dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) (at Higher Education Academy): A2, A4, K3, V1, V2, V4.
Imperial's online Personal Tutor's Guide has been developed to complement this workshop and to provide an up-to-date, one-stop source of information for Imperial’s many Personal Tutors. Its purpose is:
- To bring together the information, contacts and resources that personal tutors find useful when developing and supporting tutees.
- To orientate and inform those new to personal tutoring at Imperial.
- To highlight new information and guidance to experienced personal tutors.
The guide itself falls into four main sections:
Each section provides guidance, tips and links, carefully put together to give you the information you need as quickly and easily as possible.
If you have any questions about the guide, please contact Kate Ippolito