STAR pre-submission workshop
This workshop has been adapted for online delivery and will be taking place in 2021-22 on the following dates:
- Thursday 25 November 10.00-12.00 (Fully booked - waiting list only)
- Monday 17 January 10.00-12.00 (Fully booked - waiting list only)
- Thursday 17 March 14:00-16:00 (Fully booked - waiting list only)
- Thursday 28 April 10:00-12:00 ((Fully booked - waiting list only)
- Thursday 05 May 10:00-12:00 (MS Teams)
- Wednesday 22 June 14:00-16:00 (MS Teams)
Please subscribe to the EDU newsletter to receive updates on forthcoming EDU offerings.
Who should attend?
Staff who have attended the STAR introductory workshop, have written their final application and are close to submitting it.
This pre-submission workshop employs a combination of self-assessment, peer-assessment and tutor input to assess each participant's learning outcomes and practice against the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) (at Higher Education Academy). A fundamental focus of the workshop is to identify areas for development to the written application prior to submission. There will be an opportunity to review the two referees’ commentaries so that any omissions or problems can be spotted and rectified before they are submitted to the review panel. There will also be the chance to share good practice between applicants and evaluate the impact of the Imperial STAR Framework.
Participants would normally have attended the STAR introductory workshop will be familiar with the UKPSF (at Higher Education Academy) and should have a draft of their application ready for review during this workshop.