- Wednesday 19 February 2020, 10.00-12.00
- Tuesday 10 March 2020, 14.00-16.00
- Thursday 23 April 2020, 10.00-12.00
- Tuesday 12 May 2020, 14.00-16.00
- Wednesday 17 June 2020, 10.00-12.00
- ICT e-Learning Support Team
Who should attend?
This is an introduction to Blackboard Learn, the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), and is for users who are new to the system. This course is aimed at academics and support staff who are responsible for creating and managing content using Blackboard Learn.
From this practical, hands-on familiarisation session, participants can expect a concise overview of the tools and features available in Blackboard, knowledge of how to integrate and modify content and activities, and methods for locating further information, help, and training. In addition to increasing their technical know-how of Blackboard, participants will be encouraged to discuss pedagogical and practical issues associated with using these tools to support learning and teaching.
Please note that this session will not be focusing on Turnitin or any advance reporting tools. ICT offer separate Turnitin training.
- Adding and managing content, including adaptive release and the content collection
- Gaining experience navigating the learner and editor interfaces
- Structuring learning experiences in Blackboard
- Considering the affordances of Blackboard’s tools for communication and collaboration
- Accessing further information, help, and training
Attendees should be familiar with basic navigation in Blackboard. Please refer to the Navigating Blackboard and Your Course Site on Lynda.com before you attend the course.
Imperial STAR Framework
This workshop is particularly suitable for those seeking recognition at D1 level of the Imperial STAR Framework. It addresses the following dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) (at Higher Education Academy): A1, A2, A4, K4, V1