Introduction to Blackboard Learn
Dates for 2023-24
- Wednesday 20 September 10:00-12:00 (in person)
- Monday 23 October 14:00-16:00 (online)
- Friday 08 December 10:00-12:00 (in person)
- Thursday 18 January 14:00-16:00 (in person)
- Monday 26 February 10:00-12:00 (in person)
- Wednesday 10 April 14:00-16:00 (in person)
- Thursday 09 May 10:00-12:00 (online)
- Tuesday 18 June 14:00-16:00 (in person)
Attending the session
ICT Teaching & Learning training sessions will be delivered on campus teaching spaces and online via Microsoft Teams. After signing up for a session, joining instructions will be sent out by the Digital Education team shortly before the event takes place.
ICT Digital Education Services Team
Su Beasley firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should attend?
This session provides an introduction to Blackboard Learn, Imperial College’s virtual learning environment (VLE). This course is aimed at academics and support staff who are new to the product and are responsible for creating and managing content using Blackboard Learn.
From this practical, hands-on familiarisation session, participants can expect a concise overview of the tools and features available in Blackboard, knowledge of how to integrate and modify content and activities, and methods for locating further information, help, and training. In addition to increasing their technical know-how of Blackboard, participants will be encouraged to discuss pedagogical and practical issues associated with using these tools to support learning and teaching.
Please note that this session will not be focusing on Turnitin or any advance reporting tools. ICT offer separate Turnitin training.
- Adding, managing and reviewing content, including adaptive release
- Gaining experience navigating the learner and editor interfaces
- Considering the affordances of Blackboard’s tools for communication and collaboration
- Exploring options available with assignments and tests
Attendees should be familiar with basic navigation in Blackboard. Please refer to the Navigating Blackboard and Your Course Site on Lynda.com before you attend the course.
Imperial STAR Framework
This workshop is particularly suitable for those seeking recognition at D1 or D2 level of the Imperial STAR Framework. It addresses the following dimensions of the Professional Standards Framework (PSF 2023): A1, A2, A4, K4, V1.
You may also be interested in...
Introduction to technologies for teaching and learning
This workshop is for staff who wish to discover how technologies could enhance their teaching or support for learners, within classroom and online.