Introduction to Blackboard Learn will be offered on the following dates:
- Thursday 11 November 14.00-16.00 (MS Teams)
- Monday 17 January 10.00-12.00 (MS Teams)
- Monday 28 February 14.00-16.00 (Face-to-face)
- Wednesday 06 April 10.00-12.00 (Face-to-face)
- Tuesday 24 May 14.00-16.00 (Face-to-face)
- Monday 20 June 10.00-12.00 (Face-to-face)
Attending the session
ICT Teaching & Learning training sessions will be delivered on campus teaching spaces and online via Microsoft Teams. After signing up for a session, joining instructions will be sent out by the Digital Education team shortly before the event takes place.
If you are unable to participate in the advertised sessions, staff can book 1-to-1 Teaching and Learning sessions. Please see the ICT Teaching & Learning website for more details.
- ICT Digital Education Support Team
Who should attend?
This session is an introduction to Blackboard Learn, the Imperial College’s virtual learning environment (VLE). It is aimed at academics and support staff who are responsible for creating and managing content using Blackboard Learn.
From this practical, hands-on familiarisation session, participants can expect a concise overview of the tools and features available, knowledge of how to integrate and modify content and activities, and methods for locating further information, help, and training. In addition to increasing their technical knowledge of Blackboard Learn, participants are encouraged to discuss pedagogical and practical issues associated with using these tools to support learning and teaching.
Please note that this session will not focus on the use of Turnitin or any advance reporting tools. ICT offer separate training on using Turnitin.
- Adding and managing content, including adaptive release
- Gaining experience navigating the learner and editor interfaces
- Considering the affordances of Blackboard’s tools for communication and collaboration
- Exploring options available with assignments and tests
Attendees should be familiar with basic navigation in Blackboard. Please refer to the Navigating Blackboard and Your Course Site on linkedin.com before you attend the course.
Imperial STAR Framework
This workshop is particularly suitable for those seeking recognition at D1 level of the Imperial STAR Framework. It addresses the following dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) (at Higher Education Academy): A1, A2, A4, K4, V1.