STAR introductory workshop - Senior Fellowship
- Monday 01 June 2020, 14.00-16.00
Who should attend?
The workshop is well suited to staff who are already working at Senior Fellowship level, or those who are looking to take on more leadership/management/learning and teaching committee work in the new academic year. Specifically, the workshop is relevant to:
- Staff responsible for the leading, managing, or organisation of programmes, subjects and/or disciplinary areas
- Staff in roles where they support and/or mentor those new to teaching
- Staff with recognised (either formal or informal) departmental and/or wider teaching and learning expertise
- Staff able to demonstrate a sustained track record of effectiveness in teaching and learning
This workshop opens by outlining the Imperial STAR Framework and the HEA’s UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). The session will then move on to present the HEA Senior Fellowship level descriptors, and will also focus on establishing how participants’ experience matches HEA Senior Fellowship level requirements. The workshop will also introduce the application and review process, and will highlight the criteria against which all applications will be considered. There will be the opportunity to identify areas for professional development and ways to address these, as well as advice in completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style.
- Describing the STAR Framework and UKPSF
- Defining the SFHEA (D3) descriptor category and considering how participants’ practice relates to this
- Identifying areas for professional development and opportunities to address these
- Formulating a plan for completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style
There is no prerequisite as such, but participants should have familiarised themselves with the Imperial STAR Framework prior to attending the workshop, and should ideally also have some prior familiarity with the UKPSF.
Please contact the STAR team to discuss your suitability and make a booking for this workshop.