STAR introductory workshop - Senior Fellowship
Dates for 2022-23
- Wednesday 11 January 10.00-12.00 (in person)
- Wednesday 14 June 14.00-16.00 (in person)
Who should attend?
The workshop is well suited to staff who are already working at Senior Fellowship level, or those who are looking to take on more leadership/management/learning and teaching committee work in the new academic year. Specifically, the workshop is relevant to:
- Staff responsible for the leading, managing, or organisation of programmes, subjects and/or disciplinary areas
- Staff in roles where they support and/or mentor those new to teaching
- Staff with recognised (either formal or informal) departmental and/or wider teaching and learning expertise
- Staff able to demonstrate a sustained track record of effectiveness in teaching and learning
The session will then move on to present the HEA Senior Fellowship level descriptors, and will also focus on establishing how participants’ experience matches HEA Senior Fellowship level requirements. The workshop will also introduce the application and review process, and will highlight the criteria against which all applications will be considered.
There will be the opportunity to identify areas for professional development and ways to address these, as well as advice in completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style.
- Describing the STAR Framework and UKPSF (at Higher Education Academy)
- Defining the SFHEA (D3) descriptor category and considering how participants’ practice relates to this
- Identifying areas for professional development and opportunities to address these
- Formulating a plan for completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style
There is no prerequisite as such for participants who currently hold AFHEA or FHEA. Participants who are new to the STAR Framework are encouraged to watch the series of short introductory videos available on the STAR Framework webpages