STAR introductory workshop
Dates for 2022-23
- Friday 7 October 10.00-12.00 (online)
- Thursday 3 November 10.00-12.00 (online)
- Wednesday 7 December 10.00-12.00 (online)
- Thursday 9 February 14.00-16.00 (online)
- Monday 13 March 10.00-12.00 (online)
- Monday 24 April 14.00-16.00 (in person)
- Friday 26 May 14.00-16.00 (in person)
- Monday 12 June 10.00-12.00 (in person)
Who should attend?
This workshop opens by outlining the Imperial STAR Framework and the HEA’s UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). Delegates will then establish which level of recognition best matches their current level of experience before beginning the process of mapping their practice to the UKPSF (at Higher Education Academy).
There will be the opportunity to identify areas for professional development and ways to address these, as well as assistance in completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style.
- Describing the STAR Framework and UKPSF
- Mapping teaching practice against the UKPSF
- Identifying areas for professional development and opportunities to address these
- Completing the application in an appropriately reflective and scholarly style
There is no prerequisite as such, but participants should have familiarised themselves with the Imperial STAR Framework prior to attending the workshop.