Who are we?
The LGBTQ+ Business Club is the newest club in the Imperial College Business School. Companies like McKinsey, Bain, Goldman, Amazon and others have discovered LGBTQ+ as a source of talent and we aim to provide a platform connecting Imperial business students with leading companies and institutions hiring inclusively.
We have a lot to do:
• Promote interests of Imperial MBA and graduate business students who identify as LGBTQ+
• Help companies across the industries recruit and retain more inclusively
• Encourage the self-identification of LGBTQ+ colleagues
• Embrace the needs of transgender colleagues
• Support colleagues in countries where homosexuality is illegal
• Increase LGBTQ+ visibility among senior executives and at a board level
What is in it for me?
Imperial College Business School students:
• The club is intended to connect Imperial MBA and MSc students with LGBTQ+ inclusive companies
• We organize targeted recruitment events, on/off-campus events, webinars and trips
• Part of the challenge is unwillingness to disclosure. Potential discrimination in the workplace can affect career development. We assist and help how to deal with day-to-day issues
• We offer peer coaching on personal issues
• The club is intended to give companies access to LGBTQ+ talent
• We provide LGBTQ+ awareness trainings and management trainings (onsite, webinars, online-based trainings etc.) to help companies promote workplace diversity, open employment policy and working environment
• We assist in establishing and developing diversity and inclusion programmes for companies and institutions across the industries
• We work closely with CHRO/CEOs to provide business consulting on LGBTQ+ cases
Membership for the club will open in September 2020.
The annual club membership fee is £10 PER CLUB
You may join as many clubs as you like. When using the payment form, please use the + sign above to indicate the number of clubs you want to join, and click ‘add to basket’. After you have registered, you can specify which clubs you are joining. Once your payment has been accepted, individual club committees will get in touch with you directly about your membership. The payment link is only for currently enrolled students at Imperial College Business School and you will need to use your imperial email to register.