A mission statement rounding up your club
Our mission at the India Business Club is to support Imperial College Business School students by providing a platform for insights, advocacy and a strong professional network that we believe is needed to make the most of every opportunity in India and the UK. Our vision is to:
- Create awareness about the cross border business opportunities between India and UK
- Develop skills for students interested in working in UK and guiding them about career prospects
- Use Indian culture to build a strong network of people with diverse professional backgrounds
Our values are based on 8 pillars: Ambition, Cohesion, Opportunities, Exposure, Diversity, Culture, Collaboration and Support
Types of events held in the past
At India Business Club, students have the opportunity to interact with key industry players operating in the UK-India market. As part of our strategy, we plan to hold a number of keynote events and networking opportunities for the benefit of our students which are as follows:
- Industry specialists to deliver keynote speeches on Indian economy
- Panel discussions
- Recruitment presentations
- Information sessions
- Skills workshops
- Social events for networking and celebrating the Indian culture
This year, we hosted three events:
- Celebrated Diwali by organising a traditional night filled with lights, Indian food, Bollywood music and loads of fun games. A range of activities and a variety of food have been planned this year including Indian food, Indian drinks, card games, board games, Housie/Bingo (with exciting prizes), and Bollywood Quiz.
- Organised an evening in conversation with 3 distinguished speakers from distinct fields in the Finance sector with great experience, expertise and specialization in their roles followed by networking session and drinks.
- Family Business Event: Collaborated with IEC Club to organise an evening with two speakers who present the challenges and benefits of innovation in family business with an interactive presentation and case study
- James Eteen: Over 23 years’ experience as a management consultant, advising clients internationally. Awarded ‘Strategy Consultant of the Year’ 2007 by the MCA/Sunday Times.
- Ajay Bhalla: Family Business Professor. Advisor on Building Resilient Family Businesses. Best-Selling Author of ‘The Resilient Decision-Maker'
India Club Committee:
Saksham Jain: President
Paras Arora: Vice-President
Nidhi Parikh: Marketing Head
Harsimran Kaur: Events Head
Shubham Damani: Social Media Head
You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media pages
- Imperial - India Business Club
Clubs Membership is £10 per Club
You may join as many clubs as you like. When using the payment form, please use the + sign above to indicate the number of clubs you want to join, and click ‘add to basket’. After you have registered, you can specify which clubs you are joining. Once your payment has been accepted, individual club committees will get in touch with you directly about your membership. The payment link is only for currently enrolled students at Imperial College Business School and you will need to use your imperial email to register.