Organisation and time management
Embedding good organisation and timekeeping at an early stage in your studies and work-life will help you reduce stress and free up time for other activities.
The software mentioned below can help.
Microsoft Outlook and OneNote
Use them together to:
- Plot your schedule including lectures, seminars, study time and deadlines
- Manage your workload
- Prioritise tasks using to-do lists
- Set reminders
- Collate voice notes, images, text, checklists
- Label notes for easy reference and navigation
- Collaborate with others
- Export to Microsoft Word
- Use Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Synchronise across devices
Strict Workflow helps increase concentration and discipline by temporarily blocking social and other time-wasting websites.
This web extension runs in the background blocking your chosen list of ‘blacklisted’ websites for 25 minutes to allow you to work without distraction. After 25 minutes it allows you a five-minute break. You choose which websites to add or remove from your list.
Strict Workflow is available for download from the Software Hub and as an Android or iOS app.