Violation of any of these terms is likely to lead to the immediate removal of all material posted on the Blog by you without notice, warning or explanation to you and such violation could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party.
You also agree to accept the terms and conditions laid out in both of the following College policies:
Communications and Publications Code of Practice
Information Systems Security Policy - Supporting Policy 2: Conditions of Use of IT Facilities
Breach of these conditions may lead to College disciplinary procedures being invoked.
(1) You agree not to use the Blog to:
- post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another person’s privacy, hateful, fraudulent, discriminatory, provokes or encourages violence or is racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your relationship with any person or entity
- post any content which you do not have a right to post
- post any content that may damage the reputation or good will of the College
- post any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person or entity
- post any content that would infringe any UK laws
- harass another
- collect or store personal data about other users
- post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorised commercial advertising or promotional materials
- post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment
(2) You agree to allow your posts to be published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
This allows others (such as funding bodies like the MRC or Wellcome Trust) to republish posts in their original, unedited form on other sites, with an appropriate credit and link back to the Faculty of Medicine blog.
(4) You expressly acknowledge and agree that the College shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting out of or in connection with your use or the inability to use the service or any other matter relating to the service
Please also familiarise yourself with the College's wider Terms and Conditions for blogging.