Intercalated BSc programme
An opportunity for external medical, dental and veterinary students to study at Imperial College London
1 year full-time
26 September 2022
16:00pm on Wednesday 2 March 2022
Tuition fee rates are the same as the Imperial College London MBBS Course. Further information can be found here.
If you are studying at another UK or Irish Medical, Dental or Veterinary school, you can apply to join Imperial College London for one year to join our School's integrated BSc programme. There are many advantages to the intercalated BSc programme:
- World class experience - Students are exposed to research at the cutting edge of the discipline studied
- Teaching and project supervision - Delivered by world leaders in biomedical research
- Opportunities to publish - Many students have obtained publications as a result of their BSc project and some have gone on to present their research at conferences
The intercalated BSc programme currently offers 17 different pathways or specialities. Explore the links below for further information on each pathway:
- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cancer Frontiers
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Global Health
- Humanities, Philosophy and Law
- Immunity and Infection *application process still open for 2022/23 entry*
- Molecular and Translational Haematology *application process still open for 2022/23 entry*
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Remote Medicine
- Reproductive and Developmental Sciences
- Surgical Design, Technology and Innovation
- Translational Respiratory Medicine
Selection is based on three supporting documents of equal weighting:
- Academic transcript covering your marks (from university) up to and including 2021-22. There is no official cut-off for academic performance but students who are accepted onto our courses are generally on track to achieve a 2.1 or higher.
- One academic reference from an academic member of staff at your university You will be asked to provide the contact details of your referee in the application form. The referee will then be emailed to request a reference. It is your responsibility to make sure your referee submits your reference by the application deadline (3 March 2023).
- Personal statement explaining why you have chosen to apply for a particular BSc, why you think you should be selected for it, how the BSc relates to your interests in medical science and future career goals.
Second round of applications
Applicants who are not offered a place on the course to which they initially apply or are placed on the waiting list for that course, will be given the opportunity to apply for any of our intercalated BSc courses with spaces remaining.
The application deadline for 2022-23 entry has now passed. The application process for 2023-24 entry will open in October, with a deadline of Friday 3 March 2023.
Two of our BScs are considering late applications for 2022-23 entry:
Applications will be considered when they are received and students should expect to receive the outcome within two weeks. The deadline to submit a late application is 17.00 on Friday 19 August 2022. The application process may close sooner if the course becomes full.
More information about applying for/undertaking an intercalated BSc course at Imperial College London and also the structure of our courses can be found in the downloadable Imperial College London Intercalated BSc Guide - 2022-23 Entry (PDF).
The 2022-23 BSc term dates can be found in the BSc dates and course structure 2022-23 (PDF). Please note that BSc Management and BSc Biomedical Engineering are run outside of the School of Medicine and follow the standard College Term Dates.
If you have any other queries, please email the Faculty Education Office (BSc Team) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intercalated BSc Fair
The Intercalated BSc Fair is held each year in January for prospective students. The Fair is an opportunity to learn more about the intercalated BScs at Imperial and to meet BSc Course Directors, Module Leads and current students. Register to attend the 2023 Intercalated BSc Fair.