Intercalated BSc programme
An opportunity for external medical and veterinary students to study at Imperial College London
1 year full-time
28 September 2020
16:00pm on Friday 6 March 2020
If you are studying at another UK or Irish medical or veterinary school, you can apply to join Imperial College London for one year to join our School's integrated BSc programme. There are many advantages to the intercalated BSc programme:
- World class experience - Students are exposed to research at the cutting edge of the discipline studied
- Teaching and project supervision - Delivered by world leaders in biomedical research
- Opportunities to publish - Many students have obtained publications as a result of their BSc project and some have gone on to present their research at conferences
The intercalated BSc programme currently offers 17 different pathways or specialities. Explore the links below for further information on each pathway:
- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cancer Frontiers
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Global Health
- Humanities, Philosophy and Law
- Immunity and Infection
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Remote Medicine
- Reproductive and Developmental Sciences
- Surgical Design, Technology and Innovation
- Translational Respiratory Medicine
Selection is based on three supporting documents of equal weighting:
- Academic transcript covering your marks (from university) up to and including 2018-19 There is no official cut-off for academic performance but students who are accepted onto our courses are generally on track to achieve a 2.1 or higher.
- One academic reference from an academic member of staff at your university (GPs can become referees but are not preferred). You will be asked to provide the contact details of your referee in the application form. The referee will then be emailed to request a reference. It is your responsibility to make sure your referee does submit a reference by the submission deadline.
- Personal statement explaining why you have chosen to apply for a particular BSc pathway, why you think you should be selected for it, how the BSc relates to your interests in medical science and future career goals.
Second round of applications
Applicants who are not offered a place on the course to which they initially apply or are placed on the waiting list for that course, will be given the opportunity to apply for any of our intercalated BSc courses with spaces remaining.
The deadline for applications is 16:00 on Friday 6 March 2020.
More information about applying for/undertaking an intercalated BSc course at Imperial College London and also the structure of our courses can be found in the downloadable Imperial College Intercalated BSc Guide - 2020-21 Entry (PDF).
If you have any other queries, please email the Faculty Education Office (BSc Team) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intercalated BSc Fair
The Intercalated BSc Fair is held each year in January for prospective students looking to join our Intercalated BSc Programme. The Fair is an opportunity for you to meet BSc Pathway Leaders, Module Leaders and current students so that you can make an informed decision when applying for an Intercalated BSc at Imperial College London - find out more about the fair.