Intercalated BSc programme
An opportunity for external medical, dental and veterinary students to study at Imperial College London
1 year full-time
25 September 2023
16:00pm on Friday 3 March 2023
Tuition fee rates are the same as the Imperial College London MBBS Course. Further information can be found here.
If you are studying at another UK or Irish Medical, Dental or Veterinary school, you can apply to join Imperial College London for one year to join our School's integrated BSc programme. There are many advantages to the intercalated BSc programme:
- World class experience - Students are exposed to research at the cutting edge of the discipline studied
- Teaching and project supervision - Delivered by world leaders in biomedical research
- Opportunities to publish - Many students have obtained publications as a result of their BSc project and some have gone on to present their research at conferences
The intercalated BSc programme currently offers 17 different pathways or specialities. Explore the links below for further information on each pathway:
- Anaesthesia and Critical Care
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cancer Frontiers
- Cardiovascular Sciences
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Global Health - Applications still open for 2023-24 entry
- Humanities, Philosophy and Law
- Immunity and Infection - Applications still open for 2023-24 entry
- Molecular and Translational Haematology
- Neuroscience and Mental Health
- Remote Medicine
- Reproductive and Developmental Sciences
- Surgical Design, Technology and Innovation
- Translational Respiratory Medicine - Applications still open for 2023-24 entry
Selection is based on three supporting documents of equal weighting:
- Academic transcript covering your marks (from university) up to and including the 2021-22 academic year. There is no official cut-off for academic performance but students who are accepted onto our courses are generally on track to achieve a 2.1 or higher.
- One academic reference from a member of staff at your university. You will be asked to provide the contact details of your referee in your application form. Imperial will then email your referee to request a reference. It is your responsibility to make sure your referee submits your reference by the application deadline (16.00pm on Friday 3 March 2023).
- A personal statement explaining why you have chosen to apply for a particular BSc, why you think you should be selected for it, how the BSc relates to your interests in medical science and future career goals.
Second round of applications
Applicants who are not offered a place on the BSc to which they initially apply or are placed on the waiting list for that course, will be given the opportunity to apply for any of our intercalated BSc courses with spaces remaining.
The application deadline for 2023-24 has now passed. However, the following BScs are open for late applications until 16:00 on Friday 18 August 2023:
You can apply online using this link.
The application process for 2024-25 entry will open in October. The application deadline will be 16:00 on Friday 1 March 2024.
Further information about applying for/undertaking an intercalated BSc at Imperial College London can be found in the downloadable .
The 2023-24 BSc term dates can be found in the Provisional BSc Dates and Course Structure 2023-24 (PDF). Please note that BSc Management and BSc Biomedical Engineering are run outside of the School of Medicine and follow the standard College Term Dates.
If you have any queries, please email the Faculty Education Office (BSc Team) at email@example.com.
Intercalated BSc Fair
The Intercalated BSc Fair is held each year in January for prospective students. The Fair is an opportunity to learn more about the intercalated BScs at Imperial and to meet BSc Course Directors, Module Leads and current students. Register to attend the 2024 Intercalated BSc Fair.
Introduction to the Intercalated BSc at Imperial
Introduction to the Intercalated BSc Courses at Imperial College London
Professor Alison McGregor, Director of Undergraduate Science at Imperial College London, introduces the Imperial intercalated BSc courses.
This video has been provided to help you gain an understanding of the structure of the BScs at Imperial and what it is like to study with us. We reccommend that you watch this video before attending the Intercalated BSc Fair as it may help you to think about questions you would like to ask our BSc course teams.