Planning and delivering active and inclusive online learning
This workshop has been developed for online delivery and will be offered in 2020-21 on the following dates:
- Monday 07 September 14.00-15.30
- Tuesday 15 September 10.00-11.30
- Tuesday 06 October 14.00-15.30
- Wednesday 28 October 10.00-11.30
- Thursday 28 January 14.00-15.30
- Monday 22 February 10.00-11.30
- Tuesday 23 March 10.00-11.30
- Thursday 27 May 10.00-11.30
- Tuesday 29 June 10.00-11.30
Workshops will run in Microsoft Teams.
Dates for 2021-22 will be advertised from August. Please subscribe to the EDU newsletter to receive updates on forthcoming EDU offerings.
- Mark Anderson
- Richard Bale
- Jo Horsburgh
- Annette Mahon
This workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to consider how best to convert face to face sessions such as lectures, tutorials and seminars into remote, online sessions. Key issues addressed in the workshop will include synchronous and asynchronous modes, techniques for interaction in online sessions, and methods of gaining feedback from learners. Participants should be prepared to undertake some pre session preparatory work (approx 1 hour) as well as some post session work (approx 1 hour). The workshop will be delivered via MS Teams and participants will have the opportunity to discuss and share with colleagues their plans for converting their face to face teaching.
- Planning and storyboarding for online learning
- Facilitating active and inclusive online learning
- Gathering rapid feedback in online learning contexts
Imperial STAR framework
This workshop is suitable for those seeking recognition at D1 or D2 level of the Imperial STAR Framework. It addresses the following dimensions of the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF) (at Higher Education Academy): A1, A4, A5, K2, K3, K4, K5, V1, V2, V3, V4.