Facts and figures
In 1907, the Royal College of Science, the Royal School of Mines and the City & Guilds College were combined to form Imperial College London.
- Imperial is home to 17,000 students and 8,000 staff.
- Over 6,700 degrees are awarded by Imperial College London every year.
- We are an international community, attracting undergraduates from more than 125 countries.
- The College focuses on the four main disciplines of science, engineering, medicine and business and is renowned for its application of these skills to industry and enterprise.
- Excellence in education is at the core of Imperial’s ethos and is reflected in UK and international rankings. Find out how Imperial performed this year.
- Imperial is home to the greatest concentration of high-impact research of any major UK university. More about how the College performed in Research Excellence.
- Imperial holds a Silver Athena Swan award, which recognises advancing women's careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine in academia.
- Distinguished members of the College have included 14 Nobel laureates and three Fields Medallists. Read more about our people.