If you are thinking of developing a mobile application to facilitate a business requirement or as part of your research or study, please contact your ICT product line manager as a first step.
If you have developed an app and wish your app to be made available through the the Imperial College London Apple app store or Imperial College London Google play store. You will first need to download and complete the App Declaration Form (Word) and fill out the App brief (excel). The completed documentation should be submitted to the Digital Team via ASK.
The app will be assessed in partnership with ICT, the Research Office, Legal Services to make sure all legal requirements are met before publication. Once approval is given you will be advised about next steps to publication.
How to publish free apps under Imperial’s name
If you are developing an app, please check the following licence agreements:
- Google’s Play Developer Program Policies
- Apple Developer Program Licence Agreement (pdf)
- EULA for Apple
- End User Licence Agreement for Android
- Imperial College London account
- Imperial Community account
- Developer Program licence: this licence allows apps to be developed and submitted to Apple for their approval and certification prior to being uploaded/published on the Apple app store.
If you are planning to develop an app for cost, please contact Imperial Innovations.
Please note, self-published apps should not use Imperial’s logo and graphic identity unless prior permission has been granted.