Web and social media comments policy
Our websites, blogs, and digital and social media channels are intended to engage, inform and entertain readers and encourage debate on stories about Imperial.
We hope you enjoy the articles, photos, videos and audio clips we post on our channels and look forward to receiving your comments and questions, which we will try to respond to wherever possible.
We aim to keep discussion as open as possible and will not attempt to exclude or edit critical opinions. However, to protect this service from abuse, comments must satisfy some basic conditions.
In order for this dialogue to comply with our policy your posts, comments or links to external websites should not include:
- potentially libellous, false, or defamatory statements
- any commercial endorsement, promotion of any product, service or publication
- language and material which is offensive, extreme, or provocative. This not only includes obvious swear words and insults, but any language to which people reading it could reasonably take offence
- hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
Please also ensure that your ideas and comments:
- are respectful of others – comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person's character
- don't incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics
- don't reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don't break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don't constitute spamming of the site
- are relevant – please don't post messages unrelated to this channel or the subject under discussion
Posts and comments which do not adhere to these guidelines will be deleted and repeat offenders will be blocked.
We reserve the right to delete ideas and comments that breach our guidelines, and to suspend the ability to comment at any time.
Comments posted by others do not reflect the opinions of Imperial College London or its employees.