Issuu is a digital publishing platform that allows you to embed your pdf publications into a page. See the Reporter example below.
Note: As Issuu embeds are not accessible you will need to provide an alternative accessible version of the content as well.
Before you start
To create an Issuu you will need:
- an Issuu account (requires a paid account - with a free account it is not possible to generate the required embed code)
- a finished publication to upload, and
- the Issuu embed code.
Once you have uploaded your publication get the Issuu embed code. It will look something like this:
<iframe style="width:525px; height:350px;" src="//e.issuu.com/embed.html#13962328/63396669" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
You only need part of this bit of the code for the t4 content type: //e.issuu.com/embed.html#13962328/63396669
1. Add an IFrame - ISSUU content type to the relevant page in your site structure. (Find out how to add a content type to a section).
2. Complete the form as instructed below:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||This is the behind-the-scenes name, only visible to editors of the section||Yes|
|Source*||This is the Issuu embed code. In this example we used:
|Screenreader title*||This should be a short description of what the Issuu content is. This will help a screenreader user determine if it is something they would find useful.||Yes|
|Height*||Enter a number which is the value in pixels. The value in example below is set to 400, but you may need to use trial and error to set the right height for your Issuu document.||Yes|
|Frame border||This defaults to 0||No|
3. Click Save and approve to add the Issuu to the page.