A wiki is a web-based service, essentially a website, which can be used to share content and documents online in a way that enables and encourages collaboration across teams and individuals. Wikipedia is the most common example of a wiki.
As a member of staff or a student at Imperial, you can use your Imperial username and password to access the Confluence Wiki where you can share knowledge and collaborate with your team. You can request your own wiki space and invite others to work with you on a project or complete a repository of information on a particular subject.
How to log in
- You can log in at https://imperialcollege.atlassian.net/wiki with your Imperial username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Logging on to the wiki uses the same SSO that you use for your Office365 account.
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted with the login screen shown below.
- You MUST use the Microsoft button to login.
Requesting wiki space
Wiki spaces can be created for both individuals and departments and are only accessible to Imperial account holders.
- the proposed name for wiki space (it may need to be changed);
- a brief description of the intended use of the wiki;
- the name of the department with which the wiki will be associated.
As the person requesting the wiki space, we will give Space Administrator privileges to you, meaning that you are responsible for the content and permissions within the space. Space Administrators can add additional Space Administrators.
Please familiarise yourself with the Collaboration Policy.
If you already use a wiki, you can find helpful documentation in the General help section.