Street View (embed)
Google Street View
This guide covers how to embed a Google Street View to a section (page). If you want a map view instead, please refer to the Google Map (embed) guide.
1. Add a Google Street View content type to the relevant page in your site structure. (Find out how to add a content type to a section).
2. Fill in the form as instructed below:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the map with a concise description e.g. Exhibition Rd map||Yes|
|Block title*||This title will be shown above the map||Yes (as screen reader heading)|
|Show block title||Ticking this box will make the heading show to all users, not just screenreaders.||No (Defaults to show)|
|Google embed code||Paste your embed code from Google Street View. See Getting the Google embed code below for instructions.||No (no image will display unless you add an embed code)|
|Height||Select one of the Medium, Tall or Short options. The example on this page is Short.||Yes|
3. Click Save and approve.
Getting the Google embed code
1. Use the Search Google Maps box on the Google Maps site to go to the map you'd like to use to add the Street View. The example uses search term 16 Imperial College Road, London.
2. Drag the yellow person icon (labelled Browse Street View Images) onto the area of the map you'd like the Street View to display.
2. When the Street View image displays click on three vertical dots (also known as a kebab menu) in the top left corner.
3. Select the Share or embed image option.
3. Click the Embed a map tab and copy the embed URL by clicking COPY HTML.
4. Paste this embed code into the Google embed code field on the t4 form.