Call to action button
Use Call to action buttons to help your users take action. They provide clickable actions for things like links to room booking pages or opening contact pages. See the example on the right. This tutorial covers adding a button to a highlight box.
Before continuing make sure you add a highlight box widget and have a HighlightBox section on your page.
- Find the hidden HighlightBox section for your page in your site structure;
- Click on the blue Actions button and click Create content;
- A list of content will appear. Select the item called 'Call to action button - HighlightBox, Sidebar'; (Find out how to add a Content type)
- A form will appear. Complete the form as follows:
|Field title||What should I do?||Is it compulsory?|
|Name*||Name the block e.g. 'Call to action button - training page'. The user does not see this information.||Yes|
|Link Text*||This is the text that appears on the button that the user sees. This text should be clear and descriptive and use use the active voice e.g. 'Apply now', 'Log in to Teamseer' etc.||Yes|
|Link Internal||If the link is internal (Internal means from one t4 section/page to another t4 section/page), click the Add section link and choose the section/page from the complete list of sections in t4. OR||No, but buttons must link to somewhere, or the button will not appear on the page.|
If the link is external (External means any page not in t4, either within the College or elsewhere) type or paste the entire URL including http:// or https:// e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/.
|No, but buttons must link to somewhere, or the button will not appear on the page.|
|Highlight||Select 'Highlighted' for navy blue button
Select 'Not highlighted' for a white button with blue border
|No, it will default to highlighted (navy blue).|
- Click 'Save and approve' and preview your page.