Moving and duplicating content and restoring older versions
This page guides you on how to move content to another web page or to create a copy (duplicate) of a piece of content as well as how to previewe or restore older versions of content. There are also separate instructions on Reordering content on your pages if you want to change the order that content appears on your pages.
1. From the T4 homepage (click the terminalfour logo in the top left of the screen to show the site structure view) you can navigate to the section where you want to modify your content.
2. Click on the blue Actions button next to the appropriate section. Select 'Edit content' from the menu.
3. The section will open and you can now see the content types that have already been added. Open the menu for the appropriate content type by hovering the cursor over the yellow arrow beside it. You have a number of option to choose from:
- Edit - Make changes to the content.
- Preview - Open the preview site on the page where this content type appears.
- Mirror - Create a linked copy of this piece of content and place it within a section in your site structure. The two copies will be linked so that if one is updated, the other will also be updated. This is used if information needs to feature on more than one page.
- Duplicate - Create a copy of this piece of content and place it within a section in your site structure. The two versions will be separate.
- Move - Move this piece of content to a new location within your site structure (see instructions below)
- History - View the previous versions of this piece of content. See the below section on 'How to view old versions of content'.
- Delete - Delete this piece of content. See the section on hiding and deleting.
If you choose to mirror, duplicate or move the piece of content, the next step is always the same - you will be presented with a window like the one below showing the site structure. From this window, you should click the section where you want to mirror/duplicate/move the content. If you choose the same section, you will need to update the name of the content type to avoid a conflict.
Note: The status of any content that has been moved, duplicated or mirrored will be set to 'Pending' and will need to be 'Approved' before it can be published.
Moving content to another page
You can move a piece of content from one page/section to another (As long as you have permission to the destination page/section.)
1. For the piece of content concerned, click the blue Actions button and seclect Move from the drop down.
This will bring up the site structure that you have permissions for.
2. Click on the section you want to move the content to.
You will be returned to the original page/section.
3. Go back to the site structure and click on the destination page/section and your content should appear in the content list at the bottom. (You can move the content up to where you want it to sit using the small move arrows and then click Save changes). Find out more about reordering content.
4. Publish both sections/pages to make the changes live.
How to view or restore older versions of content
T4 keeps a history of all versions of content created. This enables you to view all items saved in History, compare versions, and revert to a previous version at any stage if needed.
- Click on the item of content.
- Select the History tab from the Content Item screen. This screen then appears:
You can then either preview the content, make it into the current version or compare two versions.
- To preview a version of the conent click on the blue Actions button and select Preview. It will then show you a preview of the content in a separate browser tab. Please note this does not work for items for widget content such as accordions, slideshows and flexible content. To view that content you will need to make that version current and then preview the page (see below).
- To make a version of the content current, click on the blue Actions button and select Make current. This will then make that a new version of the content based on the version you selected, which can then be edited as normal via the Content tab.
- To compare two versions of the content, tick the items you want to compare and click on the Compare selected button.
You will then see a side by side comparison of the content.
Please note that the styling is not exactly how it will appear in the editing interface and not all content types are compatible with this comparison feature.
After you compare content, click the Back button to return to the History tab.