- Postgraduate courses that have an application fee
- Postgraduate courses without an application fee
- Application fee waiver
- How to request a refund on your application fee
- Terms and conditions
Please contact us: email@example.com
If you’re applying for a postgraduate course at Imperial, you may need to pay an application fee.
The fee helps to cover some of the administrative and staffing costs associated with processing the large volume of applications that we receive.
We don’t want the application fee to be a barrier to qualified students who can’t afford it. So, we have put an application fee waiver in place.
If your application for a fee waiver is approved, you will be able to submit your application without paying the application fee.
The application fees for the 2023–24 and 2024-25 academic years of entry are:
- £80 for all MSc applications, excluding those to Imperial College Business School
- £100 for all MSc applications to Imperial College Business School
- £150 for MBA applications to Imperial College Business School
The application fee applies once per application and not per course (where you are permitted a second choice).
If you are applying for any of the following postgraduate courses at Imperial, you will not need to pay an application fee:
- MRes courses
- PG certificates
- PG diplomas
- Postgraduate doctoral courses e.g. PhD, EngD
If you are eligible for an application fee waiver you will not have to pay the application fee.
If you pay the application fee, you have up to 14 days to change your mind and request a full refund.
You do not need to give a reason for cancelling if you send your request within the 14-day cancellation period. If approved, this will also have the effect of cancelling your application to study at Imperial.
The cancellation period starts on the day after we send the payment confirmation email to you e.g. if we send the payment confirmation email on 1 March, the cancellation period starts on 2 March and ends at midnight on 15 March.
Refunds are no longer available after the 14-day cancellation period has ended.
There are two ways to cancel your application processing fee payment and request a full refund:
- Complete the cancellation form – you can find this in the Application processing fee terms and conditions document in the 'Terms and conditions' section below
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject line clearly marked as: “Application processing fee cancellation". Attach a copy of your application processing fee confirmation email as proof of payment and include the following details in the email:
- Your full name
- Email address you used when applying (if you're emailing from a different address)
- CID number
- Course(s) you applied for
We will aim to acknowledge your cancellation request within five working days.
We will refund the application processing fee back to the credit or debit card used to make the initial payment within 14 days after we received your cancellation request.
If you follow the process above, Imperial will treat your application (and any offer of a place, if made) as withdrawn.
You can read the terms and conditions by downloading the following document. This document contains the cancellation form.