Student loans for Canadian students are available for full-time and part-time study at designated schools, including Imperial. 

For an overview of the financial aid process for Canadian students, visit the Campus Access website.

When you apply for a loan, you are considered for funding by both the Provincial and Federal Government, meaning you only have to apply once for funding for the year.

Canadian Federal loans are processed via the National Student Loans Service Centre and provincial loans through the provincial governments and student aid branches.

Canadian student loans & tax forms

Scientist wearing a lab coat in a lab

How to apply

You should apply through your provincial student assistance office or website.

Imperial is not involved in processing your application for a loan. However, we can confirm your student status.

Registered Imperial students

If you have queries relating to confirmation of your registration status, please contact Imperial's Student Records Team:

Offer holders who have not yet registered at Imperial

Please contact the appropriate Admissions team with any queries.

A student talking to a member of the Student Financial support team

Tax forms

Canadian taxpayers who are studying full-time for a degree are eligible to claim the appropriate percentage of tuition fees paid (subject to certain restrictions) as a tax credit.

The parent or guardian of the student is also eligible to claim the transferred portion of tuition fees allowed under the Canadian Income Tax Act. Further information is available on the Government of Canada's website.

Students are required to submit the Canadian Tax form tl11a-fill-11e to the Canadian Revenue Agency by 30 April of the following year.

If you would like us to certify these forms, please contact the Student Financial Support team: