Postgraduate early payment discount
For answers to frequently asked questions, visit our help centre.
If you still need help, contact the relevant Student Fees team.
If you are coming to Imperial to study a postgraduate taught course you may be eligible for a 1.5% discount on your tuition fees.
This discount applies if payment of your fees is received by Imperial at least 45 days before your invoice due date. Funds must be cleared in Imperial College London's bank account by the specified date for the discount to be applied.
Your tuition fees are payable annually on the first day of the month closest to one month before the start of your course.
If you do not yet have a tuition fees invoice, you may still be entitled to this discount.
Who is eligible
You are eligible for a postgraduate early payment discount if you can answer yes to all of the following:
- You are studying a postgraduate taught degree
- You are self-paying for full or part of your fees (fees paid by a sponsor are not eligible)
- You are paying for the full balance minus the discount in advance – the discount will not be awarded on part payments unless the full balance is received by the specified date
- You are not paying your fees in instalments
How to claim the discount
To claim the discount, you should:
- deduct 1.5% from the total tuition fee owed. You should also subtract any payments already made e.g. application deposit.
- make a payment of that amount to reach Imperial's bank account by 45 days before the due date of the invoice or, if you do not yet have an invoice, 45 days before when the due date would be (see examples below).
- ensure the funds are cleared in Imperial's bank account by the specified date – we offer this discount based on the date the funds are received in our bank account, not the date they are paid. We recommend that you make your payment at least six days prior to the cut-off date to avoid missing the deadline.
You have lots of options for paying your tuition fees. See How to pay.
Examples: academic year 2023–24
Autumn term start date: 30 September 2023
Invoice due date: 1 September 2023
Discount eligibility payment date: 18 July 2023
Spring term start date: 6 January 2024
Invoice due date: 1 December 2023
Discount eligibility payment date: 17 October 2023
Summer term start date: 27 April 2024
Invoice due date: 1 April 2024
Discount eligibility payment date: 15 February 2024
Imperial College Business School students
ICBS Autumn term start date: 31 August 2023
Invoice due date: 1 August 2023
Discount eligibility payment date: 17 June 2023
Executive MBA Spring term start date: 8 February 2024
Invoice due date: 1 January 2024
Discount eligibility payment date: 17 November 2023
Weekend MBA Summer term start date: 29 March 2024
Invoice date: 1 March 2024
Discount eligibility payment date: 15 January 2024