Presidential scholarships for students of Black heritage
Email our Student Financial Support team: email@example.com
This information is for students starting their course in autumn 2024.
Our Presidential Scholarships for students of Black heritage provide a package of financial and mentoring support.
They're for Home students of Black heritage applying for undergraduate study in autumn 2024 in:
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Natural Sciences
- Imperial College Business School
Each scholarship covers:
- the full cost of tuition for the duration of your course (for up to four years, excluding repeat years)
- mentoring support
The scholarships are paid on top of any other financial support you may also be eligible for. This includes:
- The Imperial Bursary, offering support of up to £5,000/year, which you don’t need to pay back
- UK government Maintenance loan for living costs
- Subject scholarships – see what is available for your subject of interest via our scholarships search tool
One Presidential Scholarship is available in the Faculties of Engineering, Imperial Business School, Medicine and Natural Sciences for firm-choice offer holders of Black Heritage who:
- have Home fee status
- qualify for the College's contextual admissions schemes. These schemes are designed to make our admissions process fairer by considering each applicant's performance in context – taking into account factors such as your economic, social and educational background
To meet the eligibility criteria for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, your ethnic heritage must match one of the following (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background – including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
To apply for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you need to:
- Apply for one of our 2024 entry undergraduate courses by:
- 18.00 (UK local time) on 16 October 2023 if you’re applying for our MBBS Medicine course; or
- by 18:00 (UK local time) on 31 January 2024 if you’re applying for any other courses. If you're unsure of how to apply, see our step-by-step guide.
- Receive an offer of a place for 2024 entry by the scholarship deadline of 23.59 (UK local time) on 24 May 2024.
- Firmly accept the offer by the relevant deadline. You must choose Imperial College London as your firm choice with UCAS to be eligible for this award.
- Complete our Presidential Scholarships application form by the scholarship deadline of 23.59 (UK local time) 24 May 2024.