We’re one of the UK’s most international universities

Become part of Imperial’s international community

At Imperial and in London, you’ll be in good company as an international student. We’re a global academic community where people from different cultures contribute new ideas and fresh approaches to solve complex problems.

International Student Support

To help you feel settled when you arrive, Imperial's International Student Support team offer specialist immigration advice, webinars, trips, and online and in-person events. 

Visas and immigration


If you don’t have a full British passport, settled or pre-settled status in the UK, or hold another visa that allows you to study in the UK for your entire course, you’ll need a student visa.

Find out more


To apply for a student visa, you’ll need your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies). Once you’ve met your offer's conditions, the Admissions team will send it. It’s best to apply for your visa once you have your CAS within six months of your start date.

Find out more


For some, an ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate is a condition of an offer. You’ll need this before you apply for a visa and should submit evidence of ATAS clearance to the Admissions team by 19 July 2024.

Find out more


Trips and events

The International Student Support team runs a series of trips and events throughout the academic year at subsidised prices, ensuring that your time at Imperial is not just about academic excellence but also about creating lasting memories. These include walking tours, London Theatre nights, day trips to places like the Houses of Parliament, Windsor Castle, and Harry Potter World.

Trips and events