Our new Undergraduate Sanctuary Scholarship provides a financial package for students from displaced communities applying for Undergraduate study in autumn 2024.
This information is for students starting their course in autumn 2024.
What you'll get
Each scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees paid in full (Home or Overseas rate).
- Stipend for living costs equating to £14,500 per annum.
- £1,500 one-off payment for the purchase of a laptop or other educational equipment (to be paid in first year).
The award is for a maximum of 4 years, excluding repeat periods of study. If you are studying a course longer than 4 years, you are eligible to apply, but will still only receive funding for 4 years, if successful.
There is one scholarship available for undergraduate study.
Check if you're eligible
To be eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship you must:
- Have Home or Overseas Fee Status
- Have received an offer to study an undergraduate course starting in Autumn 2024 by Friday 24th May 2024
- Fall into one of the following immigration status groups:
- A refugee – a person who has been granted refugee status in the UK
- A person who has been granted humanitarian protection or some other form of protective leave to remain in the UK (including a Ukrainian Family Scheme, Ukraine Extension Scheme or Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme visa).
- An asylum seeker – a person who has made a claim within the UK for refugee status.
All eligible applicants must be able to evidence their immigration status. If you have an uncertain immigration status, please get in touch with Student Financial Support directly to discuss your situation.
How to apply
To apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship, please complete our Sanctuary Scholarship application form by the deadline of 23.59 (UK local time), 24th May 2024.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility or this scholarship please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you'll hear
If you are successful, we'll notify you by email no later than 31 July 2024. If you have not heard from us by this date please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.