Our Postgraduate Sanctuary Scholarship provides a financial package for students from displaced communities applying for Master's study in autumn 2023.
What you'll get
Each scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees paid in full (Home or Overseas rate).
- Stipend for living costs equating to £19,000 per annum.
- £1,500 equipment grant for the purchase of a laptop or other educational equipment.
- Costs pertaining to English language proficiency test exam fee (if English language is required as part of the offer of admission), visa application (if applicable), NHS Surcharge.
The award is for one year, excluding repeat periods of study. There is one scholarship available for postgraduate study.
Check if you're eligible
To be eligible for the Sanctuary Scholarship you must:
- Have Home or Overseas Fee Status
- Have applied for an eligible Master's course (see section below) by 23:59 (UK local time), Friday 26 May 2023
- Have an offer to study an eligible Master's course by 23:59 (UK local time), 16 June 2023
- Fall into one of the following immigration status groups:
- A refugee – a person who has been granted refugee status either in the UK or in another country.
- A person who has been granted humanitarian protection or some other form of protective leave to remain in the UK (including a Ukrainian Family Scheme, Ukraine Extension Scheme or Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme visa).
- An asylum seeker – a person who has made a claim within the UK for refugee status.
All eligible applicants must be able to evidence their immigration status. If you have an uncertain immigration status, plaese get in touch with Student Financial Support directly to discuss your situation.
How to apply
To apply for a Sanctuary Scholarship, you need to:
- Search for the course you want to apply for. You can apply to any one year full-time or two year part-time Master’s level programme across the Business School, the Faculty of Natural Sciences, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Engineering and the Centre of Culture Languages and Communication. The scholarship is not available for those pursuing an MBA programme or online degree. The MA/MSc Innovation Design Engineering in the Dyson School of Design Engineeringis not eligible.
- Create an online account and submit your application through our application portal by the deadline of 23.59PM (UK local time), 26 May 2023. If you need support with yout application you can use our guide for additional help.
- Complete our Sanctuary Scholarship application form by the deadline of 23.59 (UK local time), 26 May 2023.
- Receive an offer of admission to study a Master's level degree course for the academic year 2023-24 by 23.59 (UK local time), 16 June 2023.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility or this scholarship please contact us at email@example.com.
When you'll hear
If you are successful, we’ll notify you by email no later than 31 July 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.