Group of professionals talking at table

Our specialist support teams are ready to help whenever you need them

We’re here to support you

We know sometimes you need extra support, whether for admissions or during your course. Our specialist support teams are ready to help whenever you need it.

  • Careers Service
  • Chaplaincy
  • Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice
  • Disability Advisory Service
  • Financial Support
  • Imperial College Union Advice Service
  • International Student Support
  • Student Accommodation Office
  • Student Hub
  • Student Support Team
  • Student Wellbeing Advisors

Student Support Zone

The Graduate School

The Graduate School's professional development programme covers topics that help you get ahead – including public speaking, presenting a research poster, and mastering a PhD proposal.

Learn more about the Graduate School

Student support FAQs

What support is available for students who have an impairment or disability, specific learning difficulties, or another condition?

The Disability Advisory Service is committed to providing the best possible support for all students at Imperial. They understand that each person's disability or impairment can affect them in different ways and therefore the support offered is flexible and tailored.

You can find out more, including how to make an appointment if you would like access to adjustments and support, on The Disability Advisory Service's webpages.

What mental health support is available for students?

Imperial's Student Counselling and Mental Health Advice Service is available to support students with their mental health. Support offered includes Individual and Group Counselling, workshops and courses, and access to SilverCloud, an online platform that hosts self-help programmes for a range of difficulties. They also provide advice for coping with feelings of anxiety, stress, loneliness, low mood, depression, grief and loss, or problems at home.

The Student Support Zone also offer information and advice on mental health on their website, including tips on how you can support your mental wellbeing.

How can I access medical care as a student?

You can find full information on how to access a doctor, a dentist and urgent healthcare as a student on the Student Support Zone's webpages.

Offer holder FAQ’s

Can I defer my offer?

You may apply for a deferral of entry, under exceptional circumstances.

Requests for deferral are considered at the discretion of the academic department you applied to and will be based on a change of circumstances that is outside your control, and could not have been foreseen.

Please contact the academic department you have applied to if you wish to request a deferral, outlining your reasons for deferring. You can find the contact details for your department in the ‘further information’ section of the webpage for your chosen course.

You should also review the postgraduate admissions deferment policy which outlines general guiding principles to deferment requests and the process. If you have paid a deposit, you should also review your tuition fee payment terms regarding your deposit.

Do I need to pay a deposit to be accepted onto a postgraduate course?

Deposits are required for all of our Master's programmes. This is normally 10% of the course fee.

Once you have accepted your offer you will be required to pay a deposit to secure your place on the programme. The only exemption from this are students with confirmed sponsorship for the full value of their tuition fees, who will need to provide proof of their funding before being exempted.

How to pay

You will automatically be invoiced for the deposit, normally within six working days of accepting your offer.

Deposit invoices will be sent by email and the deposit must be paid within 30 working days of invoicing; failure to pay the deposit on time may result in an offer being withdrawn.

Please note that the deposit process is automated and so you do not need to contact us to request an invoice.

If you have not received a deposit invoice within six working days of accepting your offer, or you have any other queries relating to deposits, please contact a member of the Tuition Fees team.

You will normally receive a deposit invoice within six working days of accepting your conditional offer. Once we receive your deposit payment your place will be fully secured. If you have any queries relating to paying your deposit, please contact the relevant Admissions Team.

Can you extend the deposit deadline?

If you have received a deposit invoice as part of your offer conditions, but are unable to pay by the deadline, either because you are applying for funding or you are uncertain whether you can take up your place, please email to request an extension to the deadline.

These requests will be subject to your department's approval.

Submitting your sponsorship letter

If you have received a deposit invoice as part of your offer, but are in receipt of financial sponsorship from an official authority of scholarship body, you should email a copy of your sponsor letter to the relevant Admissions team.

I didn’t reply in time to my offer and it has now been withdrawn. What should I do if I want to accept the offer?

If you didn’t reply to your offer within 28 days, your offer may have been withdrawn.

If you now want to accept your offer, please email the relevant Admissions team to request if this can be re-instated.

International students: FAQs

When will I receive my CAS?

Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement will be available in your My Imperial student portal after you have completed both of these actions:

  • You have satisfied all your offer conditions (have a status of unconditional-firm)
  • You have uploaded a valid passport to My Imperial

We aim to upload your CAS within five business days of these actions being completed. Occasionally, this timeline may be longer if there are additional checks that need to be undertaken to confirm the correct information for your CAS issuance.

We can only issue your CAS five months before the start of your programme so the majority will be issued from May onwards.

Where will I collect my Biometric Residence Permit?

As a result of changes to the UK Visa and Immigration process, non-EEA nationals who apply for a student visa will need to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) within 10 days of arriving in the UK.

Normally BRPs are delivered to a local post office for collection. However, Imperial is also allowing students to collect BRPs from the South Kensington Campus.

In order for your BRP to be delivered to Imperial, as part of your visa application process, you will need to enter the Alternative Collection Location (ACL) code 2HE497, when asked.

You can find more information about this on our International Student Support pages.

EEA nationals

If you are from the EEA and you need to apply for a student visa, your immigration permissions will be issued electronically; you will not be issued a BRP.