Beit Fellowship for Scientific Research
Tuition Fees at the Home rate, maintenance stipend (UKRI rate for London) and £2,000 consumables
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Brain Sciences
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Infectious Disease
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metabolism, Digestion and Reproduction
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Surgery and Cancer
Eligibility criteriaThe award will be available to full-time postgraduate students demonstrating exceptional academic merit who:
- have submitted an application to study on a PhD course at the College in the faculties of Engineering, Natural Sciences or Medicine by 10th January 2024
- have completed, or studying towards, a Master's course of study
- are ordinarily resident in any sub-Saharan African country that is, or previously was, within the British Commonwealth*
- have completed a degree (Undergraduate or Postgraduate Master's) at a university in any sub-Saharan African country that is, or previously was, within the British Commonwealth*
Mozambique/Namibia/Nigeria/Rwanda/Seychelles/Sierra Leone/South Africa/Togo/Uganda/ Tanzania/Zambia/Zimbabwe
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processThere is no separate application form.
Eligible candidates who have applied to College by 10th January 2024 and received an offer to study at College by the nomination deadline of 9th February 2024 can be nominated by departments.
Additional informationThe award covers tuition fees at the home rate, annual maintenance stipend for 3.5 years equal to the UKRI rate for London, and an annual consumables budget of £2,000 for the first 3 years, and £1,000 for the final 6 months.
Successful candidate shall be notified by 29th March.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.