Sanctuary Scholarship - Undergraduate
Full tuition fees, stipend of £14,500 and one-off equipment grant of £1,500
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Business School
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- School of Public Health
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for this award you must:
- have received an offer to study any undergraduate programme starting in autumn 2024 by Friday 24 May 2024
- have completed the Sanctuary Scholarship application form (linked in Application process) by the deadline of 11:59PM GMT on Friday 24 May 2024
- fall into one of the following immigration status groups:
- a refugee - a person who has been granted refugee status either in the UK or in another country
- a person who has been granted humanitarian protection or some other form of protective leave to remain in the UK (including a Ukrainian Family Scheme, Ukraine Extension Scheme or Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme visa)
- an asylum seeker - a person who has made a claim within the UK for refugee status
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
- Submit your UCAS application and receive an offer to study by Friday 24 May 2024 2024. You must have also have accepted Imperial as your firm choice by Friday, 24th May 2024.
- Complete the Sanctuary scholarship application form by the deadline of 11:59PM GMT on Friday, 24th May 2024.
You will be asked to confirm your personal details, immigration status and provide a personal statement supporting your application. You will be asked to upload proof of your immigration status. If you cannot provide it at this time there is an option to explain why in the form.
Your personal statement assesses your suitability for the Sanctuary Scholarship. You will be asked to address the following:
- Why have you chosen to study at Imperial College London?
- How do you feel the Sanctuary Scholarship would help you achieve your ambitions for the future?
- Explain your personal situation and the barriers you have faced in continuing your education with reference to your current status in the UK.
- Details of your financial circumstances. If you have attended school/college since coming to the UK, how have you supported your studies? Will you have any other means to financially support yourself at College other than this scholarship?
Candidates will be notified of the outcome no later than 31 July 2024.
Additional informationStudents who have been assessed with Home fee status can find out more about our Imperial Bursary by visiting Imperial Bursary | Imperial students | Imperial College London
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.