The Tsotsorkov Scholarship
£50,000 towards tuition fees and living costs
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- School of Medicine
Eligibility criteriaThe scholarship shall be available to full-time undergraduate students demonstrating exceptional academic merit and/or potential commencing a three-year course of study within the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Engineering or Faculty of Natural Sciences in autumn 2024, and who are:
- ordinarily resident in Bulgaria; and/or
- able to demonstrate a significant connection to Bulgaria
A significant connection to Bulgaria may be demonstrated by one or more of criteria including:
- having a parent or grandparent with Bulgarian citizenship
- having lived in Bulgaria for three or more months
- being able to speak Bulgarian
- being married to or in a long-term partnership with a Bulgarian citizen who has lived in Bulgaria for at least six months
- having worked for more than 6 months for a company or institution located or headquartered in Bulgaria
- having invested £5,000 or more in a Bulgarian company
The value of the scholarship is up to £50,000. This shall be applied towards tuition fees, with any remaining funds paid to the scholar as a maintenance stipend up to cost of living in London figures.
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application process1. You must accept the offer to study and select College as your firm choice by 22 March 2024
2. Complete the application form below by 22 March 2024:
3. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to provide evidence supporting their eligibility for the scholarship.
4. The successful applicant will be notified by 31 July 2024
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.