GREAT - Imperial College London Scholarship
Postgraduate, Masters research
£11,000 towards tuition fees (£15,000 towards tuition fees for citizens of India)
Number of awards
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Brain Sciences
- Business School
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Infectious Disease
- Institute of Clinical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metabolism, Digestion and Reproduction
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Surgery and Cancer
To be considered for a GREAT – Imperial College London Scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of Egypt, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Thailand.
- have been classified as Overseas for fee status.
- apply for a one-year full-time Master's course.
- have received an offer of admission to study for a one-year full-time Master's Course from the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Business School or Science Communication Unit by Monday, 13 March 2023.
- be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2023.
You are not eligible if:
- You hold dual British citizenship
- You apply for an MBA course
- Your course is an on-line/distance learning course
- The duration of your course is longer than one year
In addition to the above eligibility, applicants who are awarded this scholarship will be required to have met College English entry requirements (Pre-sessional English courses are not supported by this programme) by 30 June 2023. If you have not met the English entry requirements yet, please make the necessary arrangements as soon as possible to ensure you meet this requirement by 30 June 2023.
Please visit our English language requirements page here for further information
How to apply
Stage 1: Apply for a one-year full-time Master's course at Imperial College London
You must submit an application for a master’s course through the standard College application procedure and have an offer of admission by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Monday, 13 March 2023.
If you’re applying for a postgraduate course at Imperial, you may need to pay an application fee. For information on application fees and to check if you're eligible for an application fee waiver, please go here.
Stage 2: Eligible candidates will be invited to apply for the scholarship
During the week commencing 20 March 2023, eligible students who have received an offer of admission to study at the College for 2023 entry will be contacted via email and invited to complete a GREAT Scholarship application form.
How much is it worth?
Each GREAT – Imperial College London Scholarship - 2023 is worth £11,000 for citizens of Egypt, Kenya, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Thailand. The scholarship is worth £15,000 for students who are citizens of India.
How many scholarships are available?
There are eight awards in total (one each for Egypt, Kenya, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Thailand applicants).
Outcome of the award
The successful candidates will be notified by email no later than mid-June 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that the successful scholars will be expected to meet informally with the donors on occasions, and will be required to submit a short statement of progress each year that will be shared with the donors.
This award is for students starting in the academic year 2023-24 and cannot be deferred. All scholarships are awarded subject to students accepting award Terms and Conditions.
About the GREAT Scholarship scheme
The GREAT Scholarships 2023 programme, launched by the British Council together with 47 UK universities, supports postgraduate students from Bangladesh, China, Egypt, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam to access world-class UK higher education opportunities. Students can apply for courses in a range of subjects, at the 47 institutions across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.