A&BK Scholarships in the Department of Chemical Engineering
Cash bursary of £20,000 per year to be paid towards tuition fees and living costs
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Chemical Engineering
Eligibility criteriaThe scholarship is open to all students who meet the following conditions by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday, 26 May 2023:
- Have a household income of £42,000 or less confirmed by their local funding authority (SFE, SFW, SAAS or SFNI)
- Possess a Home fee status
- Be classed as from a 'widening participation' background. You must qualify for our contextual admissions schemes. If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria for the Admissions schemes, please contact the relevant admissions team.
- Plan to commence their undergraduate course in the Department of Chemical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering in 2023/24
- Have an offer of admission from the College to study a three-year or four-year full-time undergraduate course in the Department of Chemical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processHow to apply:
To apply you must follow the following 2 steps:
- Submit a student finance application and be 'means-tested' by Student Finance England (SFE) or equivalent funding authority. 'Means-tested’ is when a student submits details of their household income, to help their student finance body assess how much they’re eligible to receive in maintenance support. To be considered for this scholarship, your household income information must be less than £42,000 per annum and must be confirmed to us by SFE by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday, 26 May 2023. SFE can take up to 8 weeks to assess applications so in order to be eligible for the scholarship it is recommended that you apply to be means tested as soon as the applications for the student loan open. Please make sure you consent to share with the College your household income information (Your household income is your parents' or partner's income, plus yours) to SFE. This is important as we need to be able to access your household income information to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- Submit a UCAS application form for your course in the Department of Chemical Engineering and have an offer of admission by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday, 26 May 2023.
The Department of Chemical Engineering will rank the applicants who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria per academic merit and/or potential based off your UCAS application.
Additional informationThere is one scholarship available for 2023/24.
The successful Scholar will receive a cash bursary £20,000 per year, payable for a maximum of 4 academic years. The scholarships shall be used to pay the relevant tuition fees, with all remaining funds from the initial £20,000 to be paid to such student as a maintenance grant. The award is for a maximum of 4 years, excluding repeat periods of study.
Outcome of the Award:
The successful candidate will be notified by email no later than 31 July 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
This award is for students starting in the academic year 2023-24 and cannot be deferred. All scholarships are awarded subject to students accepting award Terms and Conditions.
The A&BK Scholarship in the Department of Chemical Engineering will be awarded annually beginning in academic year 2022-23 and ending in academic year 2026-27.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.