Bseisu - Imperial College London Scholarships/Chevening-Bseisu Scholarship
Full tuition fees
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Brain Sciences
- Business School
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Centre for Languages, Culture and Communication
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Infectious Disease
- Institute of Clinical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metabolism, Digestion and Reproduction
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Surgery and Cancer
Eligibility criteriaThere are up to 4 scholarships (two Bseisu-Imperial College London Scholarships and two Chevening-Bseisu Scholarships) available for exceptional students who are commencing a one-year full-time MSc degree at Imperial College London in October 2024.
To be considered for these scholarships you must:
- be ordinarily resident in Palestine, Syria, Lebanon or Jordan, or holding citizenship of Palestine, Syria, Lebanon or Jordan
- be available to commence your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2024
- have received an offer of admission to study for a one-year full-time MSc degree in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences or Imperial College Business School at Imperial College London by 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday 12 April 2024. Please note that MRes/MBA courses are not eligible.
- demonstrate that you have come from a disadvantaged background
In addition to the above:
- preference will be given to applicants with at least two year's work experience
- applicants who are awarded this scholarship will be required to have met College English entry requirements (Pre-sessional English courses are not supported by this programme) by 26 July 2024
- If you have not met the English entry requirements yet, please make the necessary arrangements as soon as possible to ensure you meet this requirement by 26 July 2024
- Please visit our English language requirements page for further information here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/requirements/english/
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Stage 1: Apply for a one of the eligible master's degree courses at Imperial College London
You must submit an application for one of the eligible master’s degree through the standard College application procedure as soon as possible and have an offer of admission by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday 12 April 2024.
If you’re applying for a postgraduate course at Imperial, you may need to pay an application fee. For information on application fees and to check if you're eligible for an application fee waiver, please go here.
Stage 2: Offer holders will be invited to apply for the scholarship
During the week commencing 22 April 2024, applicants who have an offer of admission will be contacted by email with scholarship information and asked to complete a Bseisu Scholarship application form in order to apply for the scholarship. If you meet the eligibility criteria, hold an offer of admission but have not received an email from Student Financial Support by 26 April 2024, please contact us at email@example.com.
Applicants will be assessed on academic merit or potential through the standard admission process. Applicants will be required to successfully demonstrate that they come from a financially disadvantaged background and this will be assessed through the information provided on the scholarship application. Preference will be given to applicants with at least two year's work experience.
Value and Number of Awards
The scholarships cover 100% of the cost of tuition fees.
There are up to 4 scholarships:
- Two Bseisu-Imperial College London Scholarships for one year full-time MSc degree in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences or Imperial College Business School
- Two Chevening-Bseisu Scholarship for a student in receipt of a Chevening Scholarship for the relevant year and enrolling on a one-year full-time MSc degree in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine or Faculty of Natural Sciences.
The successful candidates will be notified by email no later than 26 July 2024. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The successful scholars may be expected to meet informally with the donors on occasions, participate in events surrounding this scholarship, or be required to submit a short statement of progress that will be shared with the donors.
This award is for students starting in the academic year 2024-25 and cannot be deferred. All scholarships are awarded subject to students accepting award Terms and Conditions.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.