Presidential Scholarship for Students of Black Heritage - Postgraduate
Postgraduate taught, Master's research
Home tuition fees up to £18,500, maintenance stipend of £19,500 and equipment grant of £1,500
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Full time, Part time
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Brain Sciences
- Business School
- Centre for Environmental Policy
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Immunology and Inflammation
- Infectious Disease
- Life Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metabolism, Digestion and Reproduction
- National Heart and Lung Institute
- School of Public Health
- Surgery and Cancer
Eligibility criteriaOne award is available in each faculty for a candidate with Home Fee status.
To meet the eligibility criteria for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you must be in one of the following ethnic heritages (or their equivalent in the respective application systems):
- Black – African
- Black – Caribbean
- Black – Other
- Mixed – White and Black African
- Mixed White and Black Caribbean
- Other Mixed background – including Black African, Black Caribbean or Other Black background
Eligible Master’s courses
As well as the above criteria, you must also apply for an eligible course:
- One-year full-time or part-time Master’s course in the Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Faculty of Engineering
- One-year and two-year, full-time and part-time, Master’s by Research courses in the Business School
- Online/distance learning courses
- Imperial College Business School MBA programmes
- MA/MSc Global Innovation Design and MA/MSc Innovation Design Engineering in the Dyson School of Design Engineering
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processTo apply for a Presidential Scholarship for students of Black heritage, you need to:
- Apply for an eligible course – see list in Eligibility criteria section.
- Create an online account and submit your application through our application portal – use our guide to How to apply for additional help.
- Receive an offer of a place for 2024 entry by the scholarship deadline of 23.59 (UK local time) on 24 May 2024.
- Firmly accept the offer by the relevant deadline.
- Complete our Presidential Scholarships application form by the deadline of 23.59 (UK local time) on 24 May 2024.
Additional informationEach scholarship covers:
- Home tuition fees up to £18,500* for eligible Master's courses
- An annual maintenance grant of £19,500
- An allowance of £1,500 for equipment
- Mentoring support
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.