R W Barnes Scholarship Fund (Physics Award)
Cash bursary of £10,160 per year up to 4 academic years
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
Eligibility criteriaThis scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Eligible applicants must satisfy the conditions below by Friday 31 March 2023:
- Must have been assessed with a Home fee status
- Must qualify for our contextual admissions schemes, information can be found at here. If you have any questions about the eligibility criteria for the Admissions schemes, please contact the relevant admissions team: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/contact/
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer from the College to study an undergraduate degree in the Department of Physics starting in October 2023
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processHow to Apply:
- Apply for one of the eligible undergraduate degree courses at Imperial College London
- You must submit a UCAS application for study within the Faculty of Natural Sciences, Department of Physics as soon as possible and have an offer of admission by the deadline of 11:59 pm (UK local time), Friday 31 March 2023.
Applicants should submit the application and have an offer of admission by 11:59 pm (UK local time) Friday 31 March 2023.
Value of the Award:
The successful Scholar will receive a cash bursary of £10,160 per annum. The award is for a maximum of 4 years, excluding repeat periods of study.
Outcome of the Award:
The successful applicant will be notified by email no later than 30 June 2023. If you have not heard from us by this date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application.
The successful scholar may be expected to meet informally with the donor on occasions, participating in events surrounding this scholarship, or be required to submit a short statement of progress that will be shared with donors.
This award is for students starting in the academic year 2023-24 and cannot be deferred. All scholarships are awarded subject to students accepting award Terms and Conditions.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.