Sir Keith & Lady Rita O'Nions PhD Scholarship
Full tuition fees, a stipend at the UKRI 2024/25 rate and £2,000 consumables for 3.5 years
Number of awards
Tuition fee status
Mode of study
Available to applicants in the following departments
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Earth Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must:
- Submit a complete PhD application for 2024-25 entry within the Faculty of Engineering by Wednesday 10 January 2024
- Be nominated for the scholarship by their Department by 11:59pm on Friday 9 February 2024
Further details on completing a PhD application and the nomination process can be found below.
Please note: This scholarship is not available to continuing students.
Application processThe application process for this scholarship is as follows:
- Prospective PhD candidates must approach individual Imperial Departments and supervisors with details of their proposed project well before the PhD application deadline of 10 January 2024. It is essential that candidates make contact with departments/supervisors before submitting a PhD application. Guidance on finding a supervisor can be found in the 'Finding a supervisor' page.
- Candidates must submit a complete PhD application by 10 January 2024. You can apply online through My Imperial at the 'Application process' webpage. Imperial’s Registry processes the application and either reject it or issues a formal conditional/unconditional offer. Please note it can take 6-8 weeks for PhD applications to be processed.
- Departments will nominate candidates for this scholarship. Each department is required to submit the completed 'Sir Keith & Lady Rita O'Nions PhD Scholarship - Nomination Form'. The form should be submitted by 11:59 pm on Friday 9 February 2024. Students must have a formal offer of admission by the time your department submits the completed 'Sir Keith & Lady Rita O'Nions PhD Scholarship - Nomination Form' All applications and pre-scholarship nomination process are administered by departments. Departments have their individual processes, so therefore please contact your supervisor directly for further guidance on scholarship nomination.
- Where applicable, nominated candidates must have also met any English Language condition of offer by 28 June 2024.
- Nomination packs will be ranked and the successful candidate will be notified by 29 March 2024.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com.